We are proud to have been selected as an official training ground for the Rugby World Cup 2015.
As ACS Cobham Cougars, we strive for two key wins: wide student participation in our programme and competitive excellence from the 50+ teams we field each year. The fact that some of our athletes have gone on to represent their country is a bonus.
Inclusion is the foundation upon which our athletes mature physically, emotionally, and socially. Through sports, students take responsibility for personal growth, and develop integrity, commitment and dedication. They also add skills in time management, goal setting, work ethic, leadership and sportsmanship, as well as learning to deal courageously with adversity and sometimes defeat.
More teams. More coaches
ACS Cobham runs an extensive athletic programme fielding Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Middle School teams. Our athletes compete against other international schools in the UK, Europe, and Africa. Each varsity season concludes with an International Schools Sports Tournament (ISST), where ACS Cobham 'Cougars' have established a winning tradition.
Our Athletic Department has over 70 coaches of whom 80% are members of the teaching faculty. The Physical Education Department has seven full-time faculty members teaching across 1st to 12th Grades. The Kindergarten is taught by specialists in fine and gross motor skills. Our swimming PE curriculum involves students in Kindergarten to 10th Grade and is taught by two swimming specialist instructors. In addition, we also provide instructional classes in a range of activities including yoga, pilates and aerobics.
Our 128-acre campus is home to the best range of quality sports facilities of any international school in Europe, with soccer and rugby fields, softball and baseball diamonds, an all-weather track, tennis courts, and a six-hole golf course. We were approved as a pre-training camp for 2012 Olympics, and regularly play host to GB Basketball, England Volleyball and South East Pentathlon Association as well as hosting numerous ISSTs. We were an official training ground for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
In addition, we have a comprehensive Sports Centre which houses:
- The Arena - an international-sized basketball/volleyball show court with sprung beechwood flooring and tiered seating for 280 spectators
- The Pool - a 25-metre competition-class swimming pool with movable floor, Omega touchpad timing system, electronic scoreboard and time clock, anti-wave lane ropes, and a seated viewing gallery for 178 spectators
- The Studio - a spacious dance studio with sprung beechwood flooring, wall-to-wall mirrors, professional sound system, and specialised aerobics equipment
- The Fitness Suite - with Technogym Wellness Key System comprising 17 cardiovascular machines, eight resistance machines, free weights area and Smith Machine
- The Sports Café - with seating for 50 people, and an outside decking area.